Guest: George Peters
Bio: George is the President of Invent New England, one of the oldest inventor organizations in the country devoted to education and resources for independent inventors.
George’s most successful venture to date has been helping to create KettlePizza with co-founder Al Contarino in 2010. KettlePizza, turns charcoal and gas grills into pizza ovens. KettlePizza products have been sold to people in more than 70 countries. KettlePizza has been a prize on The Price Is Right, showcased on the Today show, Boston’s Channel 5 segment Made in Massachusetts, National Hardware Show Best New Product. In 2019, Peters and Contarino were invited to the White House to represent Massachusetts and showcase KettlePizza as one of the country’s best ‘Made in America’ products.
Title or Show Topic: Inventor Road Map
Questions for George:
1. How many products have you done and how long has it taken?
2. What is the most important first step an inventor show know?
3. Patent or no patent?
4. What’s the biggest mistake an inventor can make.
5. What’s the advantage of licensing over becoming a start-up?
6. With what you know now, would you do it all again.